Do you like easy dinners? This dinner brings together the ease of a slow cooker and the delicious taste of a popular comfort meal, to get this Slow Cooker Baked Ziti. And who doesn’t want to feed their family using less time to make a crock-pot baked ziti?
Why Make this for Dinner Tonight
If you have ever had baked ziti, you know how wonderful it is! It’s also better the next day reheated. But what may be the best thing about this particular recipe is that you can put everything in the slow cooker and let it do all the work. Add a veggie and some garlic bread and you are set. And this Slow Cooker Baked Ziti is a meal you most likely have all of the ingredients already in your kitchen. And did I mention how delicious this crock-pot baked ziti is?
Here’s what you need:
- Rigatoni Pasta
- Marinara Sauce
- Ricotta Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
How to Make Slow Cooker Baked Ziti
- Start by spraying your slow cooker with a non-stick spray.
- Add one full jar of your favorite marinara sauce.
- Empty an entire box of rigatoni pasta into the slow cooker.
- Top with ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese and the second jar of marinara sauce.
- Stir and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and cook for 3-4 hours on low.
It’s that easy and it will have your kitchen smelling like a beautiful pasta dinner. This dish pairs perfectly with a veggie and some garlic bread.
- If you don’t have rigatoni pasta on hand, you may use another pasta like penne, bow-tie, or even macaroni noodles.
- Don’t have 4 hours, you can also set your slow cooker to 1-2 hours on high for this recipe.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Similar Pasta Recipes
WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE SLOW COOKER RECIPE? LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW. AND DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER FOR MY FREE BREAKFAST SMOOTHIES E-BOOK!
Slow Cooker Baked Ziti
When you bring together the ease of a slow cooker and the delicious taste of a popular comfort meal, you get this Slow Cooker Baked Ziti. And who doesn't want to feed their family with an easy crock-pot baked ziti?
- 1 pound Rigatoni Pasta
- 2 jars Marinara or Spaghetti Sauce divided
- 15 ounces Ricotta Cheese (one container)
- 2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese divided
Spray your slow cooker or crockpot pot with a non-stick spray
Start with one jar of your marinara or spaghetti sauce as your base
Top with a full box or 1 pound of rigatoni pasta
Add the entire container of ricotta cheese, then 1 cup of mozzarella cheese
Add the second jar of sauce to the top and gently mix
Sprinkle with the remaining cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
Put the top on and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until the pasta is soft and the cheese is melted through. Serve!