There is something so summery about a Classic Strawberry Shortcake! It’s light, fresh and extremely delicious any time of year. And it works for any special occasion.
And as far as color goes, you can’t get any more beautiful than a dish featuring fresh strawberries!
Any strawberry shortcake recipe starts with fresh strawberries.
I added 1/2 cup of sugar to break down the strawberries and create a soft strawberry with liquid.
What makes this recipe so easy is that you can use any cake recipe you want. I used a pre-made white cake mix that gives it a nice sponge-like consistency.
I cut the cake in half so I could have an inside layer of strawberries and whipped cream.
The top layer is also made up of whipped cream and the strawberry mixture.
It’s that easy.
Classic Strawberry Shortcake
Yield 4-6 Slices
Looking for a quick and elegant dessert? This Classic Strawberry Shortcake is perfect for any get-together!
- White Cake Mix or your favorite cake recipe
- 1 package fresh Strawberries, cut into slices
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 container Whipped Cream
- Follow instructions to make cake in a 6-inch springform pan
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sliced strawberries and the sugar until the strawberry breaks down into a partial sauce
- Cut the cake in half and wait for it to cool completely
- Add a layer of whipped cream on bottom half of cake
- Then add a few spoonfuls of the strawberry mixture
- Add the second cake layer followed by the whipped cream and strawberry mixture
- Serve immediately