This has become one of my favorite recipes ever! And this Ham & Cheese Quiche recipe can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch or even dinner with a side salad. That’s what makes this recipe so versatile.
This recipe starts with unrolling the crust into your pie plate.
This recipe doesn’t have too many ingredients! Eggs, half & half, onions, olive oil, salt & nutmeg.
And of course the main ingredients….ham and swiss cheese.
First, brown the onions for 15 minutes. Add the salt and the ground nutmeg!
Put the onions on the bottom of the pan. Then add the cheese and ham.
Pour the egg and half & half mixture over the ham, cheese, and onions. Bake for 1 hour and cool for 10 minutes before serving.
You can make this a complete meal by adding a side salad or cooked veggies! It’s actually a really good recipe and very easy (with or without a good crust).
Ham and Cheese Quiche!
- 1 9-inch Pie Crust
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Onion chopped
- 3/4 cup fat-free Half & Half
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup cooked Ham diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Pinch of Ground Nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Place crust in pie pan or thaw out frozen crust
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil for 1 minute, then add onions for 15 minutes, until the onions are brown, season with salt and ground nutmeg and remove from stove
- In mixing bowl, beat together the eggs and half & half
- Once cooled, spread the onion mixture over the bottom of the crust in the pan
- Add the grated swiss cheese and the diced ham
- Pour in the egg mixture
- Put the quiche in the oven and bake for 1 hour or until just set
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes
- Serve warm
This recipe was adapted from a quiche recipe I found in Parenting Magazine. Make it a complete meal by adding a side salad or warm vegetables. It's also great re-heated for breakfast the next day!