This is the time of year to embrace color and nothing is more colorful than this Black Bean and Corn salad! This salad goes with everything — fajitas, chicken on the grill or even by itself.
I like to bring this as a side dish to a barbecue or office party. In fact, my husband asked me to make this for his office summer party! Wait, my husband asked me to make something! This is a first!
This recipe is all about the beautifully, fresh and colorful ingredients. It starts with fully rinsed and drained black beans and moves to the frozen corn, tomatoes, red pepper, and cilantro.
There is a beautiful lime dressing that goes on top to pull these flavors together.
Top it off with some diced avocados and this is a complete meal or side dish.
I love everything about this salad, especially this time of year! Pair this salad with a nice Rose!
Black Bean and Corn Salad!
- 2 15 oz cans of Black Beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 1/2 cups frozen Corn Kernels
- 1 Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 2 Tomatoes chopped
- 6 Green Onions thinly sliced
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup fresh Lime Juice
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Avocado optional
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Cilantro optional
- Put lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and cayenne pepper in small jar, cover with lid and shake until well mixed
- In big bowl, combine beans, corn, bell pepper, tomatoes, green onions, and cilantro.
- Shake lime dressing and pour over salad
- Stir everything together
- Add avocados at the last moment so it doesn't get too soaked in the lime dressing.
This recipe was adapted from a recipe I found on allrecipes.com. I changed the amount of olive oil because it was too heavy in the original recipe. I also suggest adding the avocados at the very end.