There is something to be said about a quick sugar fix in the afternoon or after a meal. It doesn’t have to be anything you spend hours preparing, but it has to be decadent. This Chocolate Fudge with Sea Salt is one of those quick desserts or pick-me-ups that can satisfy any sugar craving.
This fudge is quick, easy and definitely decadent!
It starts with a bowl of chocolate. I used semi-sweet chocolate chips and a bar. I would have used all chocolate chips but didn’t have enough so I grabbed a chocolate bar.
I double boiled the chocolate with some butter, vanilla and sweetened condensed milk.
I poured the melted chocolate into an 8×8 baking pan with some parchment paper. I made sure the top was smooth before adding the sea salt.
It needs to spend about 2 hours in the refrigerator so it can set and harden. Once it was done, I cut it into small pieces. I love the idea of being able to just grab a small piece to get a chocolate fix.
Each bite is filled with chocolate and sea salt — the perfect combination.
I also love the idea of packaging these fudge bites as a gift.
Chocolate Fudge with Sea Salt
Yield 20 pieces
This is the perfect dessert or pick-me-up for any chocolate fix! And I love that this Chocolate Fudge with Sea Salt is cut into bite-size pieces.
- 3 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 14 oz. can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, cut into small pieces
- Sea Salt
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper
- In a heatproof bowl, combine the chocolate, condensed milk, vanilla and butter
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil and add the bowl to the top to double boil the mixture, immediately reduce the water to a simmer and stir the chocolate mixture until smooth. This will take about 8 minutes.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the baking dish and smooth the top
- Sprinkle sea salt on top
- Put in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to allow to harden
- Cut into small pieces