There is something so special about risotto — it’s like a little piece of heaven! I love making anything that can be considered a complete meal and this Mushroom Risotto fits that to a t! It combines one of your favorite veggies with a smooth, delicious rice. And let’s not forget the parmesan cheese flavor mixed in.
Risotto seems very intimidating to make. There is really only one way to make it but so many ways to screw it up:) It’s a dish that is methodical in its method but trust me, it’s well worth it!
This dish is made with Arborio Rice. In fact, most risotto is made with this special rice.
I first cooked the mushrooms. I used portobello and white mushrooms. This simply cooks in a little bit of olive oil.
The risotto definitely takes time. It first cooks in some olive oil with minced shallots. Then I added a little chicken broth at a time. This rice absorbs the chicken broth but it has to be added 1/2 cup at a time. This takes about 20 minutes to complete.
Once the rice was finished, I combined the rice and mushrooms. I then added some melted butter and the parmesan cheese.
Sprinkle with a little parsley and you have this amazing dish! I absolutely love this and can’t wait to make it again.
Yield 4 people
I love this dish! Mushroom Risotto is the perfect complete meal for any night! Pair with a salad and some wine and you are set!
- 6 cups Chicken Broth, divided
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
- 1 package Portobello Mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1 package White Mushrooms, sliced thin
- 2 Shallots, minced
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio Rice
- 1/2 cup White White
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons Butter, melted
- 1/3 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Parmesan Cheese
- Parsley sprinkled on top
- In a large saucepan, heat up the Chicken Broth on low
- In a skillet, heat up 2 tablespoons olive oil. Stir in mushrooms and cook for about 3 minutes or until the mushrooms are cooked through, remove and set aside
- Using the same skillet, cook the shallots in 1 tablespoon of olive oil for about 1 minute
- Add rice and cook in oil for about 2 minutes
- Pour in wine until it’s fully absorbed by the rice
- Start adding the chicken broth, 1/2 cup at a time. Each time the broth should be absorbed before you add another 1/2 cup. This takes 20 minutes
- Remove from heat and stir in mushrooms
- Add melted butter, parmesan cheese and salt & pepper
- Sprinkle with parsley and fresh parmesan cheese