There is something fun about experimenting with food over the holidays. I love bringing together holiday colors in dishes or snacks you might not ever consider.
That is what I love about this Homemade Holiday Granola recipe.
It brings together the colors of Christmas in a healthy snack for the entire family to enjoy!
It wasn’t until recently that I started making granola or trail mix from scratch. If I needed it, I would likely pick it up at the grocery store. But in doing Family Food Live and other projects, I found some fun recipes that anyone can make.
This recipe combines a ton of different ingredients including my red (cranberries) green (pistachios) and white (white chocolate) — perfect for the holidays.
This also makes a great snack for the kids lunchbox or even as a snack for the reindeer on Christmas Eve!
Homemade Holiday Granola
This Homemade Holiday Granola is the perfect snack or homemade food gift to celebrate the holidays with family & friends!
- 4 cups Old-Fashioned Oats
- 2 cups Shredded Coconut
- 1 cup raw Almonds
- 2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 3 tablespoons Molasses
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Roasted Pistachios
- 1 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1 cup White Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, coconut, almonds, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and cloves. Pour melted butter over mixture and stir
- In a smaller bowl, combine maple syrup, molasses, and vanilla. Pour over oat mixture and combine completely
- Transfer granola onto a cookie sheet layered with parchment paper or a silicone liner
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes to make sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom
- Remove from oven and stir again so it doesn’t stick as it cools
- Once it’s completely cool, mix in pistachios, dried cranberries, and white chocolate chips
- Transfer to a glass container
This recipe was inspired by Five Heart Home!
Courses Breakfast or Snack