What is it about the holiday season and homemade cookies? Maybe it’s the smell of fresh cookies baking in the oven on a cool day or maybe the idea of taking a break in the middle of the day with a fresh cookie and a cup of tea that gets everyone excited about cookies. It could just be we all love a treat this time of year, especially if you’re like me and enjoy making these Chocolate Chip Biscuits!
There are so many great chocolate chip cookie recipes, but I tend to enjoy these biscuit type cookies because they are a little crunchy like a biscuit but are filled with chocolate flavor.
Another bonus to this cookie recipe is you don’t need a stand mixer but a hand mixer to mix the batter. I first combined the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside. Then using the hand mixer, I beat together the butter, brown sugar, sugar and powdered sugar for about 4 minutes.
Next add the egg, egg yolks, and vanilla and beat for an additional 4 minutes. At this point, the dry ingredients (flour mixture) get added into the mixture.
It will look nice and fluffy like this!
Fold in the chocolate chips.
My favorite part of this recipes is the addition of sea salt! I love the combination of chocolate and salt. Once I spooned out a cookie, the salt gets added to the top.
These go in the oven for about 10 minutes or until the edges start to brown. Be careful not to keep in the oven too long. The cookies will continue to cook just a bit after it comes out of the oven.
These thin like cookies or biscuits really hold the flavor of the chocolate and salt. I love these cookies because you get so much flavor without the heavy cookie texture.
I made these cookies pretty big so I wouldn’t feel guilty about eating just one! These can actually be made into whatever size you want, this was the perfect one snack size!
Chocolate Chip Biscuits
- 1 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter. softened
- 3/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and set aside
- In a large bowl, beat butter, brown sugar, sugar and powdered sugar with a hand mixer (for about 4 minutes)
- Add egg, egg yolks, vanilla and beat for another 4 minutes
- Slowly add the dry ingredients until all the flour mixture is incorporated into the dough
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Using a spoon, scoop out a tablespoon of dough and place on lined baking sheet
- Add a pinch of salt to the top of each cookie
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges of the cookie are brown
- Transfer to wire racks and let cool completely
If you don't like chocolate, you can use vanilla or butterscotch chips.