Fall is in the air and so are our favorite brussels sprouts recipes! And in keeping with the holiday tradition, it’s the perfect time to share this Brussels Sprouts Cole Slaw recipe! I can always remember a brussels sprouts dish on the Thanksgiving buffet table when I was growing up. As a kid, I didn’t care for it so much but now I can’t get enough of this vegetable.
And if you also love brussels sprouts, you will love this Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta recipe for the holiday season.
Now back to this salad recipe!
Every salad needs an amazing dressing recipe! This lemon dressing is made perfectly with shallots, lemons, mustard, olive oil and sugar.
Whisk it all together and set aside.
I also roasted some walnuts to use for the top of this salad.
After I cleaned up the brussels sprouts and peeled off the outer layer, I put about 20 of them in the food processor. Shred these up so it resembles traditional cole slaw. Move to a big mixing bowl.
I also cut up 1 apple, julienne style and added to the brussels sprouts along with parmesan cheese and chives.
Add the dressing and combine.
This salad works best when served immediately. Add a little more dressing if needed. This is the perfect compliment to any turkey dinner!
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 cup Walnuts, roasted
- 20 Brussels Sprouts
- 1 Apple, julienned
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- In a medium bowl, mix the lemon zest, lemon juice, shallot, mustard and sugar together
- While whisking continuously, add the olive oil until it comes together. Add salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and roast walnuts in a pie pan for 8-10 minutes, set aside
- In a food processor, shred the brussels sprouts and transfer to big bowl
- Add the apple, cheese, walnuts and chives and pour the dressing on top
- Mix togetherand serve immediately
This recipe was inspired by one in Food & Wine magazine!