I can’t get enough of apple recipes this time of year! As the weather gets cooler and the leaves start to fall, eating apples seems like the natural thing to do. So I look for new ways to serve up these autumn apples. This recipe for Chocolate Dipped Apple Slices definitely falls into that category.
It resembles the joy of eating summer popsicles as we transition into the cooler weather.
These Chocolate Dipped Apple Slices also remind me of eating chocolate turtle candies. The recipe calls for chocolate, caramel and pecans!
For this particular recipe, I used Fuji apples.
I cut the apples into slices and placed the popsicle stick up through the bottom of the apple. You will want to make sure the popsicle is halfway up the apple so you can get a good grip.
I melted semi-sweet chocolate chips in the microwave and added a tablespoon of coconut oil. The coconut oil helps the chocolate thin out and adhere to the apples. I then dipped the apple slices in the chocolate.
To get the caramel topping, I melted mini caramel cubes (also in the microwave) and drizzled a little on top.
I then drizzled the crushed pecans on top. To get the chocolate to harden, I put the tray in the refrigerator for one hour.
The chocolate hardened perfectly and these Chocolate Dipped Apple Slices made the perfect fall snack or dessert!
Chocolate Dipped Apple Slices
- 2 Fuji Apples
- 3 cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips or 1 bag, melted
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Caramel cubes melted
- Pecans chopped
- Clean and slice the apples into slices that are about 1/2 to 1 inch thick
- Stick the popsicle stick into the bottom of the apple about halfway
- Melt chips in microwave on high for about 2 minutes
- Add coconut oil to the melted chocolate and mix completely
- Dip apple slices into melted chocolate, place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Melt caramel cubes in microwave for about 45 seconds
- Drizzle melted caramel on each apple
- Add chopped pecans
- Put apples in refrigerator for at least 1 hour until the chocolate hardens