If there is one thing I have come to appreciate, it’s mini desserts! We all have a sweet tooth and love to eat something sweet after every meal, but we tend to get into trouble with our portion size. That’s why these Pecan Pie Muffins are the perfect dessert.
These muffins give you the delicious flavor of pumpkin pie without all the calories. These smaller, bite-size muffins also take away all the guilt associated with eating such a rich dessert. And it sets up nicely for the upcoming holiday season.
This recipe was generously shared by my friend Kelli. Her mom makes these all the time and she shared one with me. The minute I tasted it, I knew I wanted to share it with you.
Did I mention this recipe is super easy with a great pay off! I first chopped up a cup of pecans. I then combined the pecans, brown sugar and flour.
With any great dessert, you also need eggs and butter. I first beat the two eggs together then added the melted butter. This gets added to the dry ingredients.
Once the warm butter hits the brown sugar, you get this beautifully, creamy pecan pie mix.
I used these small muffin tins that work perfectly for this dessert. I keep calling it a dessert and it is but it also works for breakfast…just saying!
These take about 20-25 minutes to cook through. It’s important to take these out of the muffin tins right away to stop the cooking. I have to say I took one pan out at 20 minutes and it wasn’t quite done. 25 minutes was perfect!
These Pecan Pie Muffins are as delicious as they are beautiful. Serve it with a little warm Chamomile tea and it’s great for an afternoon pick-me-up.
Pecan Pie Muffins
- 1 cup Pecans chopped
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar packed
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray muffin tins with non-stick spray
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chopped pecans, brown sugar and flour
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until it gets foamy
- Add melted butter to eggs
- Combine the egg, butter mixture with the dry ingredients
- Spoon the pecan pie mixture into the muffin tins, about 2/3 full
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
- Remove from muffin tins immediately