When it comes to finding new recipes, I always look for ingredients that I love and that would go perfectly together. That is why I wanted to make this Corn & Goat Cheese Stuffed Peppers recipe. Not to mention it’s one of Erin with Naturally Ella’s recipes and she is a mentor and friend of mine. I love what she represents in the food world. She always uses fresh, natural ingredients and I aspire to always do that.
I am also a huge fan of stuffed peppers. My husband makes a mean, stuffed peppers with ground beef recipe! Peppers are so underrated when it comes to creating a bed for food. I also love using bread, mushrooms, and potatoes for my recipes. But for this one, I used green peppers!
After cutting, cleaning out and roasting the peppers in the broiler for a few minutes, I removed the halves and started on the filling.
I cooked my onions and corn on the cob kernels in some olive oil and put it into the food processor. I added veggie broth, goat cheese, and salt and mixed it together.
The mixture was evenly split between the four halves.
I put the peppers back in the oven at 375 degrees for about 18- 20 minutes.
In the meantime, I made some brown rice with lime zest & juice and cilantro to serve with my peppers.
I added some salt and cilantro to the peppers and enjoyed with my rice. It’s a very simple, basic stuffed green pepper recipe. And it’s a great way to use corn on the cob, especially now that it’s almost the end of the corn on the cob season.
And thanks again to Erin with Naturally Ella who is not only a friend but my food hero!
Corn & Goat Cheese Stuffed Peppers
- 2 Green Peppers cut in half
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 medium Onion chopped
- 3 ears Corn
- 1/4 cup Goat Cheese crumbled
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt plus more for seasoning
- Brown Rice
- Lime for juice and zest
- Preheat oven to broil
- Cut peppers in half and clean out the seeds
- Put under broiler for 2-3 minutes on each side
- Removed and reduce heat to 375 degrees
- Heat olive oil over medium heat
- Add onions and cook for 3-4 minutes
- Remove kernels from corn and add to pan and cook for another 4-5 minutes
- Add corn mixture, goat cheese, vegetable broth and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to food processor and pulse until the mixture is creamy
- Evenly spoon the mixture into the peppers and put back in the oven for 15-18 minutes
- Follow instructions for brown rice and add lime juice, zest and cilantro to rice
- Serve peppers with brown rice
Thanks again to Naturally Ella for the inspiration for this recipe!