As we get ready for the end of the summer, I started to think about my favorite summer side dishes for an outdoor bbq! Yeah, we all love Summer Macaroni Salad, Potato Salad and Corn on the Cob, but these Classic Deviled Eggs are pretty high up on my list too.
Actually, deviled eggs are great any time of year and not just in the summer. Maybe it’s because of its bite-size quality or just because it’s so creamy. It’s definitely the perfect summer splurge!
This recipe is actually my Mother-In-Law’s classic recipe (she has sooo many good ones). It starts with the perfect boiling of the eggs. I started with 6 eggs in cold water and let it boil for about 10 minutes
I immediately gave the eggs an ice bath. This stops the cooking and allows the eggs to cool a lot faster. The cold water also helps in the peeling process.
I peeled the eggs and cut them in half length-wise. I took out the yolk and put all of them in a mixing bowl.
The yolks get mixed together with mayo, yellow mustard, sugar, salt & pepper.
I used a regular spoon to fill each of the eggs like this!
Each egg is then topped with paprika and parsley.
The paprika gives the deviled egg a nice smokey flavor. It’s the perfect topping for this classic recipe!
Classic Deviled Eggs
- 6 Eggs hard boiled
- 2 tablespoons Mayonaise
- 1/2 tablespoon Yellow Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Salt & Pepper
- In a large pot, add eggs to cold water and boil for 10 minutes
- Remove from pot and immediately place in ice water to stop the cooking process
- Once the eggs are all the way cooled, roll the egg to crack the shell and remove all of the shell
- Cut the egg in half length-wise and remove the yolk
- Put all the yolks in a mixing bowl
- Add mayo, yellow mustard, sugar, salt & pepper and mix completely
- Scoop the mixture into the center of each half of the egg
- Top with a pinch of paprika & parsley
This is a great side dish for any summer bbq!