I think there’s a good reason we don’t make our own caesar salad dressing — because we think it’s too complicated! What if you could make it in less than 10 minutes? This Homemade Chicken Caesar Salad in a Bag recipe not only allows you to make the dressing in less than 10 minutes but the entire salad!
I would say that’s a good reason to read this recipe:)
And if you are wondering how it tastes….it’s delizioso!
Instead of making the salad first and then adding the dressing, we are making the dressing first.
Inside a Ziploc bag, I combined mayo, milk, dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt and salt & pepper. Close up the bag and mix it all together.
I then added half a bag of shredded romaine lettuce, cooked shredded chicken, grape tomatoes, and croutons. Again I closed the bag and mixed everything up, making sure all of the lettuce, chicken, tomatoes, and croutons were covered in dressing.
I added a little more pepper and shredded parmesan cheese and mixed it up again.
Roll up the top of the bag so you can get to all the good stuff at the bottom. All that’s left is to grab a fork and eat your salad directly from the bag!
See how easy that is! And because it’s so easy, you can get your family in on it. Let them help make their own salad bags and take it on the road!
Caesar salad doesn’t have to be difficult at all. And if you want to take this to the office or on the road, just mix up the dressing and keep the rest of the ingredients in a separate bag. Combine it when you are ready to eat!
And just this once, we are not going to think about how many calories might be in it.
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- A dash of Worcestershire Sauce
- Pinch of Garlic Salt
- Pinch of Salt
- Black Pepper
- 1/2 bag Shredded Romaine Lettuce
- 5 Grape Tomatoes
- 1/3 cup Rotisserie Chicken breast, shredded
- Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- Handful Croutons
- In a gallon size Ziploc bag, add mayo, milk, dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, salt and pepper.
- Close the bag and mix together the dressing
- Add the romaine lettuce, chicken, tomatoes and croutons
- Close bag again and combine the dressing with the salad ingredients
- Add Parmesan cheese and more pepper and combine again
- Serve in the bag
This recipe was inspired by a recipe by Ree Drummond. It's the perfect caesar salad!