When it comes to dessert, is there really anything better than cheesecake? Ok chocolate cheesecake comes to mind! But I always struggle with eating way too much cheesecake when I have it. That is why these Cheesecake Bites are perfect for just a dabble of dessert after a big dinner.
Cheesecake always intimidated me. I’m not even sure why. Maybe I thought it would take hours and hours to make.
It wasn’t until recently that I realized the hardest part of making cheesecake is waiting for it to chill in the fridge!
This Cheesecake Bites recipe starts with the crust. Cheesecake is wonderful but without a good solid crust, it’s not cheesecake. I used honey graham crackers mixed with unsalted butter and pressed it into an 8-inch baking dish.
I just recently started using parchment paper for all of my baking. It makes life so much easier…especially once you have figured out how to evenly distribute the crust to the corners.
I used a hand mixer to make the filling. I combined cream cheese, sugar, cornstarch, 2 eggs, salt and vanilla extract.
I added this to the crust and put in the oven for 30 minutes at 325 degrees. This helped bind the crust with the cheesecake.
After it cools for about 20 -30 minutes, I covered it and put it in the fridge overnight. It really only needs about 2 hours to chill but it stayed in longer for me.
Remove the cheesecake with the parchment paper. This makes it much easier to cut up and keep contained.
I used a big giant pizza cutter to cut up my Cheesecake Bites. As you can see I sliced it both ways making a grid.
Once all of my pieces were cut, I shredded a little dark chocolate on top for color. It doesn’t give it a different flavor, but it looks really nice.
These Cheesecake Bites are perfect for a dinner party, buffet or even for a late night snack. I have to admit, I have been reaching in my freezer grabbing one whenever I need a sugar fix!
There are some affiliate links contained in this post!
For the Crust
- 1 1/2 cups Honey Graham Crackers crumbled
- 5 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
For the Filling
- 2 8 oz packages Cream Cheese softened
- 3/4 cups Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Dark Chocolate for topping
For the Crust
- Crush the graham crackers in a plastic bag with a rolling pin
- In small saucepan, melt the butter
- In a mixing bowl, combine the graham crackers with the butter
- In an 8-inch baking dish, add a piece of parchment paper
- On top of the parchment paper, evenly distribute the crust, firmly pressing down to pack it in
For the Filling
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees
- Using a hand mixer, mix the cream cheese first until its completely whipped
- Add the sugar, salt, cornstarch, eggs and vanilla extract
- Continue mixing with hand mixer until completely combined
- Pour filling on top of crust
- Put in oven for 30 minutes
- Let cool 20-30 minutes
- Cover with foil and put in the freezer for at least 2 hours to chill
- Remove from freezer and remove parchment paper and cheesecake from dish
- Using a pizza cutter, slice the cheesecake into square slices -- it will look like a grid
- Using a cheese grater, top with dark chocolate
- Serve cold
Keep these Cheesecake Bites in the freezer when not devouring them!