Ok now I’m officially obsessed with goat cheese — I can’t stay away from it…I may need an intervention:). Goat cheese has been the star of my kitchen for a couple of weeks now and it’s definitely what makes this Mushroom Pasta with Goat Cheese recipe work. It adds a creamy texture that goes perfectly with the bow tie pasta, mushrooms and spinach.
I love pasta recipes like this one for date night! It’s perfect for a cozy dinner with your favorite person. I am also a fan of meals that can be made in one pan, or at least put together in one pan.
After you make the bow tie pasta, you will set it aside and work on the mushrooms and sauce. The sauce consists of butter, olive oil, garlic, white wine, whipping cream and salt.
Cook the mushrooms first in butter and oil and then the rest gets added to make this awesome sauce.
Once the sauce is done, the cooked pasta gets added. Then shred some fresh parmesan on top and mix together
I then added the chopped spinach and goat cheese. Again mix it together with the pasta.
Your beautiful pan will look like this. It’s not only delicious but it’s so colorful. I love to serve these one-pan dinners directly out of the pan.
Add a little black pepper and serve. I like serving a pasta dish with a little french or sour dough bread. It also goes perfectly with a light red wine like a zinfandel or pinot noir. Your special someone will love this dish for your next date night!
This Mushroom Pasta with Goat Cheese recipe is best served and eaten immediately. But you could combine the sauce with the pasta ahead of time and heat up before serving. Then add the parmesan cheese, spinach, and goat cheese. The spinach definitely won’t keep in the dish overnight.
Mushroom Pasta with Goat Cheese
- 16 oz box Farfalle Pasta bow tie pasta
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 cups Baby Bella Mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup Garlic minced
- 1/3 cup White Wine
- 1/3 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cups fresh Spinach chopped
- 1-2 cups Goat Cheese crumbled
- Follow instructions and cook pasta, set aside
- In a large skillet, heat the butter and olive oil slightly and add the mushrooms for 5-8 minutes until the mushrooms are cooked
- Add garlic and white wine, combine
- Add whipping cream and salt, combine
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan
- Grate parmesan cheese on top and mix throughout the pasta
- Stir in spinach and goat cheese
This is a recipe adapted from one I found on Pinch of Yum! Thanks Lindsay.