If you are looking for something different to make — or you want to impress some guests, this is the recipe for you.
These Bone Marrow Crostinis are definitely a delicacy. But it’s also really good for you.
Bone marrow is said to build immunity, help with digestion and even fight cancer! It’s also good for the skin which is a big bonus!
You can get your bone marrow cut from the butcher. It will look like this. Keep it frozen until you are ready to prepare. Less is more when it comes to seasoning bone marrow. We used kosher salt and olive oil. Sprinkle both on top.
Put in the oven at 450 degrees for 15 minutes or until the bone marrow is soft.
When it’s done, it will look like this.
Remove from the oven and let it cool. While it’s cooling, slice your french bread into crostini sizes. Sprinkle it with olive oil and put in the oven until it browns a bit.
Scoop out the bone marrow and place on the bread. Sprinkle with cut up parsley and serve!
You will love the flavor of this bone marrow. It’s surprisinly good especially with the crunch of the bread.
So again here’s what you need:
Bone Marrow Crostinis
- Bone marrow cut by the butcher
- Olive Oil
- Kosher salt
- French Bread
- Parsley, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees
- Season bone marrow with salt and olive oil, sprinkled on top
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the marrow is soft, let cool
- Cut up french bread into bite size slices and brown in oven for a few minutes
- Add the marrow to the bread and season with the parsley