I can’t remember a time in my life when this Chicken Cutlet recipe wasn’t part of a family birthday celebration. My mother would make this all the time and when she didn’t make it for us, my Aunt Joan would make it. This recipe was and will always be one of my favorites.
You know when a song or a movie brings you back to a specific time in your life? This Chicken Cutlet recipe is one of those for me. And now that my kids have had a taste of it, I hope it will also be one of their favorites.
When planning out your Chicken Cutlet dinner, make sure you also select the right pasta to go with it. I have had it with spaghetti, penne, and rigatoni. We chose to make it with linguine this time.
This recipe works like an assembly line. If you want to get your kids involved with making dinner, this is the perfect recipe to do so.
You need 3 bowls for the following ingredients:
- Eggs with a splash of milk
- Italian bread crumbs
You start by dipping the chicken in flour. Make sure you get both sides. And it’s a good idea to let it sit a minute so the flour saturates the chicken.
Next up…the eggs.
You will need two eggs and a splash of milk whisked together. The milk will help it bind with the chicken.
Again dip your flour coated chicken in the egg mixture…front and back.
Finally the bread crumbs!
You will need to make sure you let this one sit a minute too. The chicken needs to be completely coated with the bread crumbs. This is the where you get all of your flavor so don’t skimp on the bread crumbs.
Place all of your finished chicken cutlets on a cookie sheet with a slice of parchment paper. Put in the oven for 30 minutes, 15 minutes on each side.
Once you remove the chicken from the oven, heat up a skillet with a little olive oil. I like to put the chicken in the hot oil just for a minute on each side. This browns the chicken cutlet and finishes the cooking.
Using a meat thermometer, make sure your chicken is at least 170 degrees. That means its done. If you don’t already have one, think about picking up a meat thermometer — you will use it all the time.
Serve these yummy Chicken Cutlets with linguine and pasta sauce. Or you can serve it with a little lemon and green beans & mashed potatoes. Either way it will soon become one of your favorites.
- 6 Chicken Breasts medium size
- 2 Eggs whisked with a splash of Milk
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Italian Bread Crumbs
- Olive Oil
- Parsley chopped for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Put flour, egg mixture and bread crumbs in three separate bowls
- Clean the chicken breast
- Dip chicken breast in flour bowl, front and back
- Dip flour coated chicken breast in egg mixture, front and back
- Dip flour and egg coated chicken breast in bowl of bread crumbs, front and back
- Place finished chicken on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper
- Cook for 30 minutes, 15 minutes on each side
- Heat up skillet with olive oil
- Place chicken cutlets in hot oil to brown the chicken, until 170 degrees
- Remover from oil and let oil dry
- Serve with pasta or veggies
There are so many ways to enjoy this Chicken Cutlet recipe! I hope you enjoy it!