Nothing goes better with your backyard BBQ than potato salad! I’m also a fan of Macaroni Salad but this was the first time I attempted to make potato salad so I brought in the big guns…my Mother-in-Law, Dee! She is an incredible cook and actually owned a restaurant so I knew I was in good hands. Dee’s Potato Salad is something she served quite often in her restaurant and for my husband, Mark.
It’s really important to cool down the potatoes before you start mixing everything together. We put the potatoes on a cookie sheet and put in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. You can even make these the day before and let them cool overnight.
Add paprika and parsley for color and you are ready to go. This can be made the night before and kept in the refrigerator before serving. This goes great with just about anything you put on your grill this summer. Enjoy!
Dee’s Potato Salad
- 4 medium Potatoes peeled & chopped
- 2 stalks Celery chopped
- 1 medium Yellow Onion 1/3 onion chopped
- 3 Eggs hard-boiled
- 1 1/2 cups Mayonaise
- 3 tablespoons Mustard
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Pepper
- Peel and chop 4 medium size potatoes
- Boil in water until soft
- Drain potatoes and spread out on cookie sheet. Put in refrigerator for 30 minutes to cool.
- Hard-boil 3 eggs for about 10 minutes, chop all of egg including the yoke.
- Chop 2 stalks celery and about 1/3 of medium size yellow onion.
- Mix together Mayo, Mustard, Salt & Pepper
- In mixing bowl, put cooled potatoes, chopped celery, onions and eggs. Mix completely
- Add mixed sauce and throughly blend together.
- Serve immediately or put in refrigerator to serve later
You can really add any other veggies you want to this salad including green peppers, tomatoes and carrots. Have fun with it!