Are you going to a cookie exchange party this weekend? This Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie with M&M’s recipe would be perfect. It’s filled with tons of chocolate that would satisfy any choca-holic! This recipe is not only yummy but it’s really easy. It was a great recipe to get my kids involved with. And these cookies stay fresh and taste even better the day after you make them. Perfect for any holiday party or cookie exchange. And I think Santa would love these on Christmas Eve!
This recipe calls for all the traditional cookie ingredients…eggs, sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, vanilla extract and butter. But these three ingredients are the secret to why these cookies are so good.
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup M&M's
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Soften butter in pan
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, eggs, butter and vanilla until fluffy
- Add the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt until it's well blended
- Fold in the chocolate chips and M&M's until blended
- Using your hands, make round balls with the dough and place on cookie sheet
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until set. The time will depend on how big the cookies are.
- Take out of oven and place on wire racks to cool
You can substitute the M&M's with just about any sweet treat. Try Reeses Pieces for a peanut butter taste or marshmallows for a take on Smores. This recipe is adapted from a recipe I found on allrecipes.com.
You can also see how I make them with this video of my Chocolate Chocolate Chip with M&M’s recipe! And yes, this really happens to me in my kitchen. I sometimes forget ingredients!