I have found my inspiration this week! And who isn’t inspired by mashed potatoes! This recipe offers a unique twist on my kids favorite dish. It’s made with lots of gooey cheese , tons of butter, milk and a secret ingredient! Of course this isn’t a dish for those counting calories but sometimes it’s a good idea to put away the calorie counter and indulge! And this dish is worth it!
After washing and peeling your potatoes, cut them into 1-inch pieces. The smaller the pieces, the faster it will cook. I used 5 medium size potatoes. Cook the potatoes in boiling water with a pinch of salt. It should take about 15 minutes.
Baked Cheesy Mashed Potatoes
- 4 pounds Russet Potatoes peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cup grated Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry Bread Crumbs
- 1 stick Butter melted
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1 tablespoon butter for greasing baking dish
- Salt and Black Pepper for taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Coat baking dish with 1 tablespoon butter
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water for 15 minutes or until very tender
- Drain water, transfer to mixing bowl
- Add milk and melted butter and mix together
- Mix in the Mozzarella cheese and 3/4 Parmesan Cheese
- Season with salt & pepper
- Pour mashed pototatoes into greased baking dish
- Mix bread crumbs and remaining Parmesan Cheese together, add to top of mashed potatoes
- Bake, uncovered in oven for 20 minutes
- Serve hot
This is one of my favorite recipes from Giada. She always has great recipes. I used Italian bread crumbs but you can use plain bread crumbs too. You can also make this ahead of time and before you put it in the oven, cover and refrigerate.