I’m calling today Pasta Friday! We all love pasta! It’s easy, filling and can be great comfort food. I have never made Fettuccine Alfredo before and now after making this, I can’t believe I haven’t done it sooner. It’s sooooo easy! I will warn you, this is not a recipe for someone on a diet — it’s filled with butter, cream and cheese! But it’s a great compliment to any kind of meat or fish and it’s delicious!
Add a little extra pepper and garnish for taste and you have an easy Fettuccine Alfredo dish! Serve with garlic bread and a veggie and you have a complete meal. Or add chicken or fish and it makes a great side dish!
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 cups Parmesan Cheese
- 1 pound Linquine noodles
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Grate Parmesan cheese into 2 cups. Add one cup to mixing bowl and save one cup for later
- Warm butter and heavy cream in saucepan
- Add pinch of salt and a few clicks of fresh ground pepper to butter/cream mixture
- In a separate pot, cook Linquine noodles with salt and olive oil, cook slightly al-dente (under-cooked)
- Add the liquid mixture to one cup of Parmesan cheese in mixing bowl, mix until cheese is melted
- Add Linquine to mixing bowl
- Add remaining one cup of Parmesan Cheese to mixing bowl
- Mix thoroughly until cheese mixture covers all the pasta
- Add more black pepper to taste and serve hot
I am amazed at how easy this recipe is. I first watched it on the Pioneer Woman's TV show. It's a great way to spice up pasta night!