We are celebrating our first month online with this very special Chocolate Chip Cookie with M&M’s recipe. I love when I can get my kids involved in the kitchen and it didn’t take much arm pulling for this one. In all the times I have made cookies, I have never made them from scratch. I always use the refrigerator bought cookie dough. Honestly growing up, I thought that was making cookies from scratch….shhh don’t tell my mom! When I realized it wasn’t, I thought I needed a huge mixer to bake anything from scratch. The thought of using our shiny red mixer kind of intimidates me and that is why it’s still shiny. However, this recipe did not call for a mixer of any kind. Just some elbow grease!
This recipe calls for all the traditional cookie ingredients…eggs, sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, vanilla extract and butter. But these three ingredients are the secret to why these cookies are so good.
Chocolate Chip Cookies with M&M’s!
- 1 cup Butter softened
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup M&M's
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Soften butter in pan
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, eggs, butter and vanilla until fluffy
- Add the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt until it's well blended
- Fold in the chocolate chips and M&M's until blended
- Using your hands, make round balls with the dough and place on cookie sheet
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until set. The time will depend on how big the cookies are.
- Take out of oven and place on wire racks to cool
You can substitute the M&M's with just about any sweet treat. Try Reeses Pieces for a peanut butter taste or marshmallows for a take on Smores.
This recipe is adapted from a recipe I found on allrecipes.com.