There is probably nothing easier to prepare than a salad. Ok maybe cereal or toast would be easier. But when you want to make an easy appetizer or main dish of fresh, healthy ingredients, you probably turn to a salad. What’s not easy is being creative and doing something a little different. I really enjoy the challenge of bringing together flavors I wouldn’t normally use together. That is why I really like this Tomato Salad with Honey Dressing. Every salad starts with fresh vegetables. I used Roma and Cherry tomatoes, cucumbers and green onions. Slice the tomatoes, cucumbers and chop the green onions.
Pour the dressing over your beautifully plated salad and you have an incredible appetizer or meal. Mark and I actually made this a meal. It goes great with some bread and a little wine (but then again doesn’t everything). Enjoy!
Tomato Salad with Honey Dressing!
For the Salad
- 5 Roma Tomatoes cut into wedges
- 15 Cherry Tomatoes sliced in half lengthwise
- 6 Green Onions chopped white part only
- 1/2 large Cucumber sliced
- Feta or Goat cheese crumbled
For the Honey Dressing
- 2 teaspoons White Wine Vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon Honey
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Fresh pepper
- Sea Salt
- Cut and slice the roma and cherry tomatoes
- Chop the white part of the green onions
- Slice the cucumber
- Mix together the honey dressing. Start with the white wine vinegar and honey. Once that is mixed, grind some fresh pepper over mixture. Add olive oil, then more ground pepper and a pinch of salt to taste.
- Plate the salad, add the cheese crumbles of your choice and pour the dressing.
This salad can be made many different ways. And use any dressing you want for this salad. This particular dressing was adapted from a recipe I found on goop!