I’m always on the lookout for a good salad dressing recipe. Growing up my mom always used store-bought Italian dressing. Nothing was wrong with it but the dressing was very heavy and full of calories. So once I realized that every calorie counted, I started looking for homemade recipes that were light and made with fresh ingredients. This one is a perfect lemon dressing that can be used for salads or for veggies. And sometimes cooking isn’t about using a pot or oven — it’s about bringing together a meal and this dressing does that.
Simple Lemon Dressing!
- 1 teaspoon Ground Oregano
- 5 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Juice from 1 large Lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher or Table Salt
- Pour the olive oil into glass measuring cup
- Add the freshly squeezed lemon juice from 1 lemon
- Add the oregano, salt and pepper
- Mix with whisk and pour on salad or veggies!
This recipe is adapted from a recipe from the great Jacques Pepin. It can be varied in several ways. If you want less of an oregano taste, cut the recipe to 3/4 of a teaspoon. And if you want less oil, use only 4 tablespoons. You can always add salt and pepper to your taste.
Do you have a favorite salad dressing recipe? Please send it to me and I’ll be happy to share!