Sometimes it doesn’t matter what time of year it is, you just need the comfort of an apple pie or something similar. That is what I love about this Grilled Apples with Cinnamon & Honey recipe! Tastes just like apple pie!
It’s nice to be able to bring this family favorite to your outdoor grill. There is something so comforting about apples with cinnamon. This recipe actually adds honey, butter and brown sugar to the mix!
It all starts with the apple! I used Honeycrisp and Fuji apples for this recipe. Depending on how many you are serving, a few small apples will work or one bigger one.
I sliced the apples into slices about 3/4 inch thick. This makes it easier to grill the apples evenly. Before placing on the grill, brush melted butter on each side.
These grill for about 4-5 minutes on each side depending on how soft you want your apples.
While the apples are still warm, drizzle some honey and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. These amazing flavors will come together beautifully!
Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream with a sprinkle of brown sugar on top to finish this amazing summer dessert.
Grilled Apples with Cinnamon & Honey
Yield 4 Apples
This amazing Grilled Apples with Cinnamon & Honey dessert is perfect for summer! It goes perfectly with your other favorite grilled foods.
- 1-2 Honeycrisp or Fuji Apples, sliced
- 3 tablespoons Butter, melted
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Wash and slice the apples into 3/4 inch slices. Clean out the seeds of the apple
- Heat grill to medium heat
- Brush the melted butter on each side of the apples and place on the grill for 4-5 minutes on each side
- Remove and put on serving dish
- While still warm, drizzle a little honey on each slice followed by a sprinkle of brown sugar and cinnamon
- Top each apple with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a sprinkle of brown sugar
If you don't have access to a grill, you can heat up the apples in a skillet on the stove