I have been obsessed with smells lately — fresh smells that is! All I have wanted to cook lately are recipes that are fresh or colorful or healthy. I think it has a lot more to do with the start of spring than anything. And this Key Lime Pie recipe is a result of this new obsession.
This is my first attempt at making a Key Lime Pie and it was pretty easy. I used a pre-made crust which always makes it easier.
The key to making this dish is ironically key limes. You need to squeeze the juice from about 20 key limes to get enough lime flavor.
Other than the key limes, you only really need 3 other ingredients.
When it all comes together, it’s magical!
You will love this Key Lime Pie as fresh dessert for spring.
Key Lime Pie
Yield 1 Pie
This Key Lime Pie is the perfect dessert for a spring or summer outing and it's super easy!
- 1 Pre-made Graham Cracker Crust (9-inch)
- 2 cans Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- The juice of 20 key limes
- Grated Lime Zest
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a mixing bowl, combine condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice and lime rind
- Pour into graham cracker crustBake for 5-8 minutes until you notice small bubbles around the edges of the pie
- Remove from oven and put in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to cool
- Serve with whipped cream and lime zest on top
This recipe is super easy and perfect for any dessert