Most of us would admit to having a thing for Italian food! What’s not to love — for the most part, Italian food consists of pasta, cheese and sauce, definitely favorites in my book. One dish that is at the top of my list is Stuffed Shells. It has the perfect ratio of pasta, sauce and creamy cheese.
Stuffed Shells wouldn’t be the same without its creamy filling. It’s made up of egg, ricotta cheese, chives and salt.
Once that is all mixed together, add the shredded mozzarella cheese and mix again.
I used the jumbo pasta shells for this dish. Once these are cooked al dente (slightly undercooked), fill it will a big scoop of the creamy cheese filling.
Add a layer of pasta sauce on the bottom of a 11×8 inch baking dish. This will help cook the shells from the bottom up.
Add the stuffed shells to the sauce in the baking dish. You will put the open side of the shell facing up.
Put the remainder of the sauce on top of the shells, cover and put in the oven for about 35 minutes. It will look a little more uncovered.
Once that is done, these Stuffed Shells are ready to serve!
Yield 10-12 Shells
Looking for a new Italian dish for dinner? These Stuffed Shells are super easy and so yummy!
- 24-25 Jumbo Pasta Shells
- 1 large Egg
- 2 cups Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Chives, minced
- Jar of Pasta Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a mixing bowl, combine the egg, ricotta cheese, chives and salt
- Add the mozzarella cheese, combine and set aside
- Follow instructions on cooking the shells al dente, set aside
- Spray the 11x8 inch baking dish with non-stick spray and add a layer of pasta sauce on the bottom
- Fill each shell with a spoonful of the cheese mixture
- Place all of the shells on the sauce, open side up
- Add another layer of sauce to the shells
- Cover with aluminum foil and put in the oven for 35 minutes
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes
- Serve warm