I was definitely one of those people who didn’t eat anything in a white creamy sauce when I was growing up. I was not one to reach for the egg salad EVER! But I recently fell in love with this Chicken Salad Pasta recipe that still uses that white creamy sauce but this time it’s yogurt and not mayo.
There are so many of your favorites that can be added to a chicken salad. I used chicken, celery, red onion, green apples, and shell pasta.
The sauce is made up of greek yogurt and lemon juice…that’s it!
Mix everything together and you are set!
This is perfect by itself or pair it with some fruit or a sandwich for a girls lunch!
Chicken Salad Pasta
Yield 2-4 servings
If you want simple with healthy ingredients, look no further than this Chicken Salad Pasta. It's perfect any time!
- 2 cups Rotisserie Chicken, cubed
- 2 Celery Stalks, diced
- 1/4 cup Red Onion, diced
- 1/2 Green Apple, chopped
- 2 cups cooked Pasta Shells
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper
- Zest of Lemon (optional)
- In a saucepan, cook the pasta shells al dente for 8 minutes and immediately rinse with cold water
- In a large mixing bowl, add the chicken, celery, red onion, apple and pasta
- Add the greek yogurt, lemon juice, and salt & pepper and combine
- Add lemon zest to the top (optional)
- Keep refrigerated
I love this by itself or as a side dish.