There’s no better treat on a Sunday morning than homemade pancakes. In our house, we get so excited about pancakes that my daughter goes to bed giddy thinking about breakfast the next morning. On this special Sunday, I made these really delicious Buttermilk Pancakes with Blackberries!
We use a lot of pre-made pancake batter and it’s wonderful! We love it because it’s easy and takes delicious. But there is something really special about making pancakes from scratch. It doesn’t take that much more time but whatever time it takes, it’s worth it.
I really love putting the extra time into a recipe that makes my kids so happy!
I decided to go with blackberries as the topping because of the contrast in color and taste. And blackberries are my son’s favorite fruit! He loves the taste and can eat them like candy.
And because this was a special breakfast, we decided to use our very special maple syrup. My husband’s grandfather made real maple syrup when he ran his farm and we are lucky enough to have two jars left. And trust me, this syrup gets better with age!
I really love to layer my pancakes so I opted for the smaller pancakes. And when you use 2-3 tablespoons for each pancake, each one comes out the same exact size.
These homemade Buttermilk Pancakes with Blueberries are good to the last drop and the last bite! Enjoy!
Buttermilk Pancakes with Blackberries
Yield 9 pancakes
You will never need another homemade pancake recipe again! These Buttermilk Pancakes with Blackberries are perfection!
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Butter, melted
- Maple Syrup
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk and vanilla extract
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and combine, set aside for 15 minutes
- In the meantime, melt butter in a saucepan
- Add the butter to the pancake mixture
- Using a buttered griddle, add 2-3 tablespoons of the pancake mixture to make the pancake, flip when the bubbles form on top
- Serve hot with some blackberries and maple syrup
This recipe was inspired by Cupcakes and Me!