After making my Avocado Brownies, I believed anything was possible when it came to adding veggies to our favorite recipes. But my mind was really blown when I made these Black Bean Brownies. It has the same moisture of the Avocado Brownies and tastes just as yummy!
And if you notice, it’s hard to tell that there are black beans inside…shhh it’s our little secret if your kids ask!
What’s different about this recipe is the added bonus of dark chocolate chips on top. These chocolate chips don’t melt in the oven and are the perfect icing on this dessert.
These Black Bean Brownies are also gluten-free, made without any flour. It’s nice when you have options when making desserts, especially for those who can’t have any gluten.
Another bonus is that you can keep the ingredients to this recipe in your pantry for whenever you crave this decadent dessert. You will just need to make sure you always keep eggs in the refrigerator!
Black Bean Brownies
Here are all the yummy details of these gluten- free Black Bean Brownies...
- 1 can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Butter, melted
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8x8 baking dish
- In a food processor, combine the black beans, eggs, butter, sugar, salt, baking powder, cocoa powder and vanilla extract
- Pour into baking dish and sprinkle the dark chocolate chips on top
- Bake for 25 minutes or until your toothpick comes out clean
- Let cool for 30 minutes before you dig in!
This recipe was inspired by Gluten-Free Daddy!