I have a new favorite cookie — well maybe it’s a new favorite Christmas cookie! It’s really hard to top chocolate chip cookies in my book but these Sugared Pecan Balls come pretty close.
These cookies have a lightness about them, meaning I could eat several without feeling like I just ate a cookie (or a box of cookies). Does that make sense?
It’s almost like eating a donut hole but with a lot more flavor.
The center is filled with chopped pecans so small that you only taste the pecan, you don’t bite into one. It’s so subtle that it surprises you that there is actually pecans in the center.
These cookies are made into balls and bake for about 10 minutes, that’s it! You will notice these turn a little brown when it’s finished. You actually want it to be a little brown. It gives it a nice crunch.
The balls get rolled in a little more powdered sugar and you have this dream of a cookie!
These Sugared Pecan Balls are perfect for an afternoon spot of tea, or you could serve them on your dessert buffet table.
Sugared Pecan Balls
These Sugared Pecan Balls will melt in your mouth every time you eat one! It's the perfect dessert for any holiday party!
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar + more for rolling
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/4 cups Flour
- 3/4 cup Pecans, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and prepare the cookie sheet with a silicone liner
- In a large bowl, mix butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Then stir in pecans and salt
- Add flour to mixture a little at a time
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and place on cookie sheet
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the cookies set, you will notice the sides turn slightly brown
- Remove and allow to cool before rolling in additional powdered sugar
These cookies are very similar to Mexican Wedding Cookies!