If you are looking for a simple, delicious dressing recipes for the holidays, look no further. This Homemade Bread Dressing is perfect for any occasion!
One food that is an absolute must (besides the turkey) for Thanksgiving is dressing! I love dressing any time of the year but especially during the holiday season. And it doesn’t even need to be stuffed into the bird, it just needs to have a little gravy with it and I’m set.
The nice thing about this recipe is that it works in or outside of the turkey.
This dressing recipe starts the night before. You need to make sure you harden the bread before cutting it up into cubes. I always use white bread and typically leave it out the night before. As the air gets to bread, it makes it nice and hard … perfect for any bread dressing recipe.
The bread along with an onion, 4 stalks of celery, poultry seasoning and chicken stock eventually goes into this casserole dish and into the oven for 30-40 minutes.
This dressing comes out perfectly crispy on top and moist on the inside.
It’s the best compliment to any turkey or ham dinner for the holidays.
- 1 loaf sliced White Bread, hardened and cubed
- 3/4 cup Butter
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 4 stalks Celery, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Poultry Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- Let the bread sit out the night before to harden. Make sure you spread it out so all slices can air out
- In a dutch oven, melt butter
- Cook onions and celery in melted butter until soft. Season with poultry seasoning, salt & pepper
- Stir in bread cubes and mix until evenly coated with butter mixture
- Add chicken broth and mix again
- Grease casserole dish with butter and add bread mixture
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes