Let the cooking begin! This time of year is so much fun for trying new dishes and reminiscing about the old ones. This Baked Cheesy Crab Dip falls into the new category for me. I had never thought about making crab dip before now.
I featured this recipe on Family Food Live today and loved it so much, I wanted to share it with you.
This dip is the combination of the best ingredients that are typically used in a hot dip. The cream cheese and mayo give this dip the creaminess we all love in a dip. And with the crab meat and horseradish flavor, it becomes the perfect combination for a hot dip. Add the onion and shredded cheese for the icing on the cake.
The dip actually goes in the oven for about 15 minutes before adding the cheese. It’s important to cook the dip first and then add the cheese for and added bonus.
This Baked Cheesy Crab Dip is the perfect dip for an upcoming holiday party. Serve it in it’s baking dish or spoon out into a bread bowl. There are so many options for dip.
I hope you enjoy this as much as I do!
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- ¾ cup Mayonnaise
- 2 (6 oz) cans Crabmeat, drained and flaked
- Lemon juice
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 3 tablespoons Horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Mexican Cheese, shredded
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, onion, mayo, crabmeat, garlic powder, splash of lemon juice and salt & pepper
- Spread mixture into a baking dish
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Remove from oven and add Mexican Cheese on top and put back in oven until cheese is melted
- Remove from oven and mix
- Add to a serving bowl and serve with crackers or bread