It may still “technically” be summer but once the calendar changes to September, it’s fall to me! And with fall comes the wonderful smells and flavors of the season. Nothing says fall more than apples. And this Apple Pie Rolls recipe is perfect to kick off the season.
There are some days I just like to boil apples and cinnamon on my stove just to create the aroma of fall. This recipe does that perfectly. It’s not only delicious but will have your kitchen smelling like apple pie!
If you want to add the flavors of apple pie to anything, you need to first create an apple pie spice. Here’s all you need:
Apple Pie Spice
1 1/2 tablespoons Ground Cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
1 teaspoon All Spice
Mix this all together for now and future Apple Pie Rolls! I also love keeping my homemade spices in these little mini mason jars.
Once you have your Apple Pie Spice made, you will need to cut up a granny smith apple into 8 slices.
In a separate bowl, I combined 1/4 cup of light brown sugar with 1 teaspoon of the Apple Pie Spice.
In a small pan, I melted 3 tablespoons of butter, removed from the heat and added the apples. This is done to coat the apples with butter to help season and soften while they cook in the oven.
Next, I prepared the crescent rolls. Spread each one out on parchment paper and evenly add your apple pie spice to each one. Then place the apple slice on the wide side of the roll and simply roll each one.
Brush some melted butter and sprinkle on a little extra Apple Pie Spice to the top and put in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
You will know it’s done when the crescent roll is light brown. As you can see all of these flavors are oozing out of each roll.
This is perfect for your weekend brunch or even for dessert. And I promise you, the smell of these Apple Pie Rolls will put a fall smile on your face.
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, sliced into 8 pieces
- 1 can Crescent Rolls
- 1/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Apple Pie Spice (recipe above)
- 3 tablespoons Butter, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar and apple pie spice (recipe above)
- In a small pan, melt butter and remove from heat
- Add apple slices to coat
- Spread out crescent rolls on parchment paper
- Evenly distribute the brown sugar/apple pie spice mixture
- Place apple slice on wide side and roll
- Brush excess butter on each apple pie roll and sprinkle with apple pie spice
- Cook 10-12 minutes or until crescent rolls are light brown