If there is anything we can all agree on is that we want to make dinner easy and stress-free! I love when I can combine all my ingredients together in a one-pan dinner or something like this Campfire Sausage & Potatoes recipe!
This recipe brings together all of your ingredients in a campfire style meal. But instead of cooking it on a campfire, I put it on my grill. It’s so easy and gives you the feeling of being outside camping!
The only product other than the food you will need is aluminium foil. This recipe makes 4 dinners so cut 4 slices of aluminium foil.
I used pre-cooked turkey sausage and red potatoes to start. Cut these up into bite size pieces. The trick is to make everything equal in size so it cooks at an even pace.
I also added some fresh green beans and chopped onions. The onions are for flavor, the green beans round out my meat, potato and veggie combination.
Next, I folded the sides of the foil to create a little package. I put in a tablespoon of unsalted butter, salt & pepper and a tablespoon of cajun or greek seasoning.
My kids don’t like things too spicy, so I used a greek seasoning for their campfire dinner.
I put all four packages on the grill set on high. This takes about 20 minutes to cook through. Or if you like it a little crispy, you can go longer.
Add a little parsley on top and it makes a great all-inclusive meal for the entire family!
My husband is always sharing great outdoor camping meals from when he was an Eagle Scout! Meals like this are fun for the family and it’s fun to give your kids the illusion of eating a campfire meal they could enjoy while camping!
- 1 package Turkey Sausage, sliced
- 6 Red Potatoes, cut into bite size pieces
- Fresh Green Beans
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons Cajun Seasoning, divided
- 2 tablespoons Greek Seasoning, divided
- Salt & Pepper
- Cut 4 slices of Aluminum Foil
- Pre-heat grill to high
- Add potatoes, sausage, onions and green beans to center of foil
- Close up the sides of the foil
- Add 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter to the top of each package
- Season with either a tablespoon of cajun or greek seasoning
- Add pinch of salt and pepper
- Close the foil completely and put on grill for 20-25 minutes or until you get the desired softness of your potatoes
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve
This recipe was inspired by Damn Delicious! Thanks for sharing!