I think most people under the age of 10, my daughter included, would list Spaghetti & Meatballs as one of their favorite foods. I would definitely agree! But I wanted to change it up a bit, so I made Spaghetti & Meatballs on a Stick for fun!
This is a new take on spaghetti & meatballs. It would be as if you threw all the ingredients up in the air and watched where they landed. This time, it lands on a stick!
Instead of the sauce on the spaghetti, I made spaghetti with butter and parmesan cheese. I used 3 tablespoons of butter and 1/2 cup of already shredded parmesan cheese. I added a little black pepper for taste.
This is actually one of my favorite ways to eat spaghetti. I like to make this as a side dish to other meals like roast chicken, fish or even hamburgers. I also like to use egg noodles with butter and parmesan cheese.
I also made the meatballs separate from the spaghetti or sauce. I used frozen meatballs in the oven.
But if you want to make homemade meatballs, this is a great Meatballs & Homemade Tomato Sauce recipe — it’s my moms:)
Putting together all of these pieces is the fun part! I first stuck the popsicle stick into the meatball. Then I took a few pieces of spaghetti and wrapped it around the top of the meatball. Dip the meatball in sauce and sprinkle with parsley and a little salt and you are ready to dig in!
I love that this makes a great meal or appetizer. It’s designed so you can get this taste all in one bite – so you truly are getting the perfect amount of spaghetti and meatballs each time you eat it!
Your kids will also enjoy putting this recipe together — not to mention eating it!
- 12 Mini Meatballs - Premade or Homemade
- 4 oz. Thin Spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, Shredded
- 1 cup Tomato or Spaghetti Sauce
- Parsley for garnish
- Salt & Pepper
- Follow instructions to prepare the meatballs
- Follow instructions for cooking spaghetti
- Drain spaghetti and add butter and parmesan cheese and mix together
- Sprinkle some fresh black pepper over spaghetti
- Heat up tomato or spaghetti sauce
- Stick a popsicle in the center of the meatball
- Take 3-5 pieces of the spaghetti and wrap around the popsicle stick on top of the meatball
- Dip the meatball in sauce
- Sprinkle with salt & parsley
This recipe was inspired by one I found on Tastefully Simple!