There is something about cheesecake that makes me happy. Combine cheesecake and a jar for this Banana Cream Cheesecake in a Jar recipe and I am jumping for joy.
Don’t get me wrong, I love a traditional pie — but putting dessert in a jar to create an individual serving is perfection!
Do you remember when you would have to heat up jello or pudding on the stove and let it cool? Now jello is made with just milk, making any dessert with jello or pudding a snap to make.
Once I made the banana cream pudding, I combined it with plain cream cheese. This gives it a cheesecake feel. I just used a hand mixer to combine the two.
Then I added a tub of whipped cream. I didn’t use the hand mixer for this. I just simply folded it in.
At this point you can refrigerate the banana cream cheesecake mixture and take it out when you are closer to serving.
Once all of the whipped cream is combined with the cheesecake mixture, I put it all in a gallon size plastic bag. I cut the corner so I was able to direct the mixture into the bottom of the jar.
The banana cream cheesecake mixture is the base and goes in first. Using a plastic bag is so much easier than spooning it in. This keeps the glass clean.
Then I added slices from one banana on top.
The slices of one banana fills up one of these larger mason jars. You can use half the bananas when you use a smaller jar.
Followed by a layer of vanilla wafers.
Add the remaining cool whip on top and crush a few vanilla wafers for decoration on top. It’s the perfect summer dessert!
If you want to make this ahead, you can refrigerate the banana cream cheesecake mixture and then assemble the dessert when you are ready.
- 1 box Banana Cream Jello
- 1 8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 1/3 cups Milk
- 1 Tub Cool Whip
- 2 Bananas, sliced
- 2 cups Vanilla Wafers
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the banana cream jello and milk, set aside for at least 5 minutes
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the jello mixture with the softened cream cheese
- Fold in 2 1/2 cups Cool Whip
- At this point you can refrigerate until ready to serve
- Put the banana cream cheesecake mixture into a plastic bag and cut one of the corners
- In a mason jar, squeeze the mixture out of the plastic bag for the bottom layer of the dessert
- Add slices of one banana
- Then a cup of vanilla wafers
- Add a dollop of the remaining cool whip with crushed vanilla wafers on top