Making homemade ice cream just got easier with this Handmade Strawberry Vanilla Ice Cream recipe. The best part is that you don’t need an ice cream maker. All you need is a hand mixer and you can make this yummy treat.
I love ice cream — honestly is there anyone who doesn’t? Ice cream just makes me happy!
And you only need a handful of ingredients to make this ice cream. Vanilla seems to be the one ice cream everyone enjoys. But you could add chocolate or Nutella or whatever you like in your ice cream.
I love strawberries in my vanilla ice cream so I decided to make Handmade Strawberry Vanilla Ice Cream.
The hardest part of this recipe is the first step. Using a hand mixer, you will mix the heavy cream until it peaks or thickens up. This takes about ten minutes. It’s a great workout.
Then add a container of condensed milk and vanilla. Mix again with the mixer.
I cut up my strawberries into bite size pieces then folded gently into the vanilla ice cream.
I used a cold bread loaf pan to freeze my ice cream. I put this bread loaf pan in the freezer overnight so it was already cold when I put the ice cream into it.
This goes back in the freezer overnight. I covered it with aluminum foil to protect it from freezer burn.
I love the way this ice cream turned out. It’s so yummy and the strawberries are perfectly frozen.
It’s the perfect summer dessert! Enjoy!
- 2 1/2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk (14 oz)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Strawberries, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Put bread loaf pan in freezer overnight to get cold
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream with a hand mixer for about 10 minutes. The cream will thicken and start to peak
- Add the condensed milk and vanilla extract and mix again with the hand mixer
- Fold in the cut up strawberries
- Pour into a bread loaf pan
- Put in the freezer for at least 4 hours or overnight
You can put just about anything you like in this recipe. Fruit, chocolate chips, and other goodies would be perfect for a new ice cream flavor.