I have found the secret to eating tacos guilt free — it’s in these Black Bean Tacos! I am not kidding at all — I have found my new favorite recipe! After making my Black Bean and Corn Salad a couple of summers ago, I fell in love with black beans.
This dish is fresh, colorful and will make you feel good about eating tacos. And if you like a little kick to your tacos, the Mole Sauce provides you with the sweat factor. This is something you can play with to find out what is the perfect heat for you and your family.
Once you eat these Black Bean Tacos — you will never go back.
Look at all this yumminess! I added avocados and tomatoes on top for an added boost of color and flavor.
It all starts with the red onion and green pepper. You will heat this up until the onion is translucent.
Add the corn and cook for another few minutes.
Once you have drained and rinsed your black beans, add them to the skillet and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Add the Mole Sauce to the skillet so it will cook with the beans and other veggies.
Remove from the heat and add your cilantro and mix together.
Now you are ready to start putting your tacos together.
I added tomatoes and avocados but you can also add lettuce or cheese. Squeeze a little lime on top and you are ready to dig in.
You can make these with the hard taco shells or soft tortillas. I liked the hard taco shells, but I loved that you can wrap up the soft flour or corn tortillas to keep all of the goodness inside the taco. Of course you look the crunch but it’s worth it in the seasoning.
Serve with a salad or rice. Your family will devour these tacos!
- 1 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 cup Corn
- 1 cup Black Beans
- 1 cup Red Onions, minced
- 1 cup Green Peppers, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon Mole Sauce (add more if you like it really spicy)
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1 Avocado, chopped into squares
- Taco Shells or Flour Tortillas
- Heat olive oil in skillet
- Add onions and peppers and cook until the onions are translucent
- Add corn and cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add black beans and sprinkle with Mole Sauce and cook for 3-4 minutes
- Remove from heat and add the cilantro and mix together
- Fill your tacos and add the tomatoes and avocados on top
- Squeeze a little lime on top
This recipe was adapted from one first made by Naturally Ella! You can also add other toppings like lettuce, cheese or sour cream. This works with both hard taco shells or flour/corn tortillas. It makes a great salad too!