Love, love, love Margherita pizza! Anyone who follows me on Instagram knows how much I love Margherita pizza. And whenever I can, I love to make my own Homemade Margherita Pizza!
I have to admit, I don’t make a lot of homemade dough. It’s a lot of work and I choose to save that time on eating my pizza:) I do like to use the store bought dough and prepare it that way.
If you do decide to make homemade dough, here’s a great Homemade Pizza crust recipe!
This Homemade Margherita Pizza is so easy to make. It actually uses only four ingredients.
But the key to a good Margherita pizza is to use fresh ingredients…period!
I always use fresh mozzarella cheese. It’s not that I don’t like shredded cheese but I really like the fresh mozzarella better.
You will slice this into thin slices and put aside.
If you use freshly made dough or store-bought, always brown it in the oven a little before adding the toppings. Put in the oven for 5 minutes just to add a little crunch to the crust.
Before you add your sauce, brush olive oil on the ends of the pizza. Again this gives it a little crunch.
Then add your sliced mozzarella cheese and chopped basil. Sprinkle on a little salt and put in the oven at 425 degrees. Cook for 10 minutes.
When your pizza is ready it will look like this yummy goodness!
I also like to add a little fresh basil on top for freshness!
- Homemade dough or store bought
- Marinara sauce
- Fresh Mozzarella cheese, sliced thin
- Fresh Basil, chopped
- Olive Oil
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees
- Prepare homemade dough or follow instructions on store-bought dough
- Put in oven for 5 minutes to slightly brown dough
- Brush olive oil on the outside of the crust for extra crunchiness
- Using a spoon, spread marinara sauce on dough
- Add sliced mozzarella cheese
- Top with chopped basil
- Add a pinch of salt
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes
- Add fresh basil on top
This is the perfect easy, quick dinner for the family or yourself!