If you are looking for a recipe to get you ready for spring, it’s this Goat Cheese Crostini with Snap Peas recipe! It’s light, colorful with fresh ingredients! And to top it off, it has incredible flavor.
I had intended this recipe to be a great starter, but after eating just one, it became our meal. And once you try it, you won’t be able to stop either.
Take note — this recipe is also kind of messy! But when I say messy I mean it’s a two-hander…you will need to hold it with one hand and keep the other hand available to catch anything that falls!
And look how beautiful this dish is. It makes you feel good about eating something so healthy.
It starts with some good bread. I used a giant loaf of sour dough bread cut into slices. Then cut those slices in half.
Brush olive oil on each side of the bread and grill it on your stove or outdoor grill. It will need a few mintues on each side to toast. You will want these gorgeous grill marks on both sides.
Next, you want to mix the goat cheese with olive oil, chives and salt & pepper.
Make sure the goat cheese is soft. You can take it out of the fridge for a few hours to soften or double boil it for just a few minutes.
You can set aside the cheese mixture while you cook the snap peas.
Boil some salted water and add the snap peas for only 3 minutes. This will soften them enough to get crunchy bites.
Take them out and immediately put them in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking.
Once the snap peas are cool, remove from the water cut half of them length-wise. This will open up some of the snap peas so you have a variety on your crostini. Put the snap peas in a mixing bowl.
Add the basil and mint and mix together. You will also add your lemon juice and olive oil and toss.
First spread the cheese mixture on your toasted bread.
Then add the snap peas mixture. Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt and serve.
This is the perfect appetizer for a spring or summer party. It also makes a great meal!
- Loaf of Sour Dough bread, cut into slices then cut again
- 8 ounces Goat Cheese, softened
- 5 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh Chives
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Pepper
- 1 pound Snap Peas
- 1/3 cup Basil, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh Mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- Preheat grill pan and brush olive oil on bread. Grill on each side for about 2 minutes until it's toasted
- Combine goat cheese, chives, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt & pepper - set aside
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the snap peas and cook for about 3 minutes
- Remove and immediately put into a bowl of ice water until cold
- Cut half of the snap peas in half length-wise, leave the other half in one piece
- Add to mixing bowl with basil, mint, lemon juice and 3 tablespoons of olive oil and toss
- Spread the cheese mixture on bread slices
- Add the snap peas mixture on top of cheese and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt
This recipe is adapted from a recipe seen on Dinner with Tiffani. You can substitute the goat cheese with ricotta or another soft cheese.