I love this time of year! The start of spring feels like a rebirth — it inspires me to spend more time outside and eat beautiful, healthy fruits and vegetables.
The warmer weather and a recent trip to the Farmers Market inspired me to create a tomato masterpiece. And this Tomato Feta Salad is definitely a masterpiece!
Tomatoes always make me think of my dad’s garden. He loved growing tomatoes. There is a fresh, clean smell that goes along with tomatoes. It says spring to me.
This recipe calls for a variety of tomatoes. I used these beautiful golden sunburst tomatoes.
You will need a cup — cut in half.
You will also need a cup of these cherubs, cut in half. This tomato gives the salad a nice, rich red color.
Add the tomatoes to a mixing bowl. Then start adding the other ingredients including these chopped red onions.
The rest of the ingredients get added next including olive oil, red wine vinegar, basil, parsley, and salt & pepper. Mix this up and add a cup of crumbled Feta cheese.
Transfer to a serving plate and enjoy. I will say I could eat this entire plate. The flavors are so perfect together.
Serve this as a meal or pair it with beef, fish or chicken. It’s the perfect compliment to any dish.
- 1 cup Sunburst Tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup Cherub Tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup Red Onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh Basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoons Black Pepper
- 1 cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
- Cut your tomatoes in half and add to a mixing bowl
- Add chopped red onions, olive oil, white wine vinegar, basil, parsley, salt & pepper -- mix completely
- Fold in your Feta Cheese
This recipe is adapted from one created by the Barefoot Contessa -- my cooking hero!
This recipe will also work with cucumbers or another great vegetable from your garden.