I think spaghetti is the ultimate equalizer — we all love it and we all have our favorite spaghetti dish! I love all kinds of spaghetti including this recipe for Spaghetti & Meat Sauce.
From spaghetti alla Carbonara to spaghetti served with Alfredo sauce — there are so many ways to serve this popular dish.
This Spaghetti & Meat Sauce recipe is my all time favorite. I love it with grated parmesan cheese and a glass of wine!
For this recipe, I used thin spaghetti. I love any kind but I usually go for thin spaghetti or linguine. I always under-cook my spaghetti just a bit. There is nothing worse than over-cooked pasta.
For the meat sauce, I always start with either ground beef or ground turkey. It needs to be browned first. Make sure you drain out the fat.
Then add a bottle of marinara sauce, 1 can of diced tomatoes or 1 fresh tomato, 1/2 tsp of garlic powder and 1 tsp of black pepper. Mix it all together and heat up on low. The flavors need to combine over the heat.
Add the cooked spaghetti to the meat sauce.
Add some parsley and parmesan cheese and serve. A red wine always pairs nicely with Spaghetti & Meat Sauce!
You will also love these pasta recipes:
- 1 pound Ground Beef, browned
- 1/2 pound Thin Spaghetti
- Marinara Sauce, 1 full bottle
- Diced Tomatoes, 1 can or 1 fresh Tomato
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Brown 1 pound of ground beef, drain the fat
- Add marinara sauce, diced tomatoes, garlic powder and black pepper - mix completely
- In separate pot, boil water with pinch of salt. Add the thin spaghetti and cook for 6 minutes or slightly under-cooked
- Add the cooked spaghetti to the meat sauce and serve hot
- Add parsley and fresh parmesan cheese
There are so many ways to add to this recipe. One thing to do is include balsamic vinegar to the sauce to spice it up.