First Shared on October 14, 2014. Updated on September 5, 2015
I never need an excuse to eat bacon! I actually never need an excuse to share my favorite bacon recipe!
You would never believe how much better bacon can get with this Bacon Candy recipe! After you try this recipe, you will know it can!
It’s important you have the proper pan. When we first made this, we didn’t put enough foil on the pan and it was a nightmare to clean. So when you set up your cookie sheet, put a layer of parchment paper down first. Then add two layers of tin foil.
You will lay the bacon, strip by strip, on the pan. We used about 20 stripes of bacon. Then generously sprinkle the bacon with the brown sugar and chili powder mixture. You will put this in the oven at 400 degrees for about 20-25 minutes.
The Bacon Candy should be served warm. I paired it with white wine and some Brie cheese and crackers. The Bacon Candy is very rich, so a few slices is more than enough to serve. This is one recipe you will be giving out to your friends!
- 20 strips of thick cut Bacon
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Chili Powder
- Parchment paper
- Aluminum Foil
- Preset your oven to 400 degrees
- Cover cooking sheet with one layer of Parchment paper and two layers of Aluminum Foil
- Lay each strip of bacon on cooking sheet
- Mix together Brown Sugar and Chili Powder
- Spread the mixture generously over the Bacon
- Put in the oven for 20-25 minutes
- Let cool on cooking rack
- Serve warm
You can always cut back on the Chili Powder to about 1 1/2 tsp. if you don't like it too hot.