The moment I tried this No Bake Peanut Butter Balls with Chocolate Chips recipe on a girls day out with my friend Amy, I knew I would have to make these one day. I was hooked immediately! It has incredible flavor with the peanut butter, coconut and chocolate combined. And the best part …. it’s really good for you! Eat this as a snack or for breakfast or even pack one in your kids lunch box!
You will need:
- Dry Oatmeal or Rolled Oats
- Toasted Coconut Flakes
- Peanut Butter
- Wheat Germ or Ground Flaxseed
- Chocolate Chips
Carefully mix together all of the ingredients. I say carefully because it’s easy to do a hard mix and all of of the ingredients go flying out of the bowl. So carefully mix everything together. Then you will put the mixture in the refrigerator for at least a half hour. You want these ingredients to bind together so it’s easier to make into balls.
So once it’s cooled down, roll into bite size balls! It’s as simple as that. You will want to keep these in the refrigerator for up to one week. Trust me — these won’t last a week. This mixture makes up to 20 balls depending on how big you make them. You owe it to yourself to make this recipe at least once to see how you like it!
- 1 cup Dry Oatmeal or Rolled Oats
- 2/3 cup Toasted Coconut Flakes
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter (soft and creamy)
- 1/2 cup Wheat Germ
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Stir all ingredients together in large mixing bowl - its best to roll the ingredients together so you don't stir too hard
- Let chill in refrigerator for at least a half hour to allow the ingredients to bind together
- Roll into 1-inch balls (or whatever size you desire)
- Store in air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week
There are so many ways to play with this recipe. You can add ground flax seed instead of wheat germ. Add raisins instead of chocolate chips. The variations are endless.