I’m such a fan of putting fruit in my salad. Whether it’s strawberries, oranges or even kiwi, fruit adds a certain sweetness that veggies don’t give you. For this Strawberry Apple Salad, I love the sweetness of the strawberries and the crunch of the apples. I’m also a fan of incorporating a soft cheese that adds flavor to the fruit and lettuce. This has become my new favorite salad.
It starts with whatever lettuce you enjoy. I like the mixed greens lettuce just for variety. But sometimes I will make this salad with arugula and spinach. You can also use romaine lettuce or red leaf or batavia lettuce. All works!
I also used my favorite Honey Dressing recipe. This adds a nice sweetness to the salad. And I really love this salad dressing mixer. Its great to mix up the dressing and then you can store it in the fridge. It also offers some simple salad dressing recipes on the glass bottle. (affiliate link)
- Lettuce (any kind of lettuce works)
- 6 Strawberries, cut into quarters
- 1 medium Apple, cut into small pieces
- 2 Eggs, hard-boiled and chopped
- Walnuts, chopped
- Crumbled Goat Cheese
- Fill bowl with lettuce
- Chop up apples, strawberries, eggs and walnuts
- Add to bowl and mix completely
- Top it off with crumbled goat cheese
- Add your favorite salad dressing on top
You can add anything to this salad. Change up the fruit or even add a few veggies like peppers, cucumbers and tomatoes.