Are you looking to try something new on your pizza? I’m always looking for a new pizza recipe so I was excited to try this recipe for White Mozzarella Pizza with Avocados!
Whenever I go to my favorite pizza place, I always get a white pizza special. It has a white sauce instead of red and it has fresh mozzarella cheese and tomatoes on top.
So I wanted to recreate that pizza with this recipe. Instead of tomatoes, I added my favorite, favorite fruit right now — the avocado! I always thought an avocado was a veggie but when I looked it up, it said it was a fruit. I also added some spinach for additional color.
I have to admit this came out great! Pair it with a glass of red wine and you are set!
Then you want to pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. I always like my pizza crust a little crispy so I warmed it up for about 8 minutes. Your time will vary on how you like your crust. I also used a thin crust.
You can make your own pizza crust like I did here. But if not, you can purchase one already made.
If you like to make a lot of pizza in your oven, I would highly suggest getting a pizza stone. (affiliate link) This goes directly into the oven and you bake the pizza right on it. It cuts down on the mess of having the pizza on the oven shelf.
You will also need to slice the fresh mozzarella into thin slices. You can use shredded cheese but I like the taste of fresh mozzarella. Add the slices on top of the spinach.
Then add avocado slices. This now goes in the oven for about 4-5 minutes or until your cheese is melted and spinach slightly wilted. Your avocado will brown a bit but that’s normal.
There are so many possibilities with this pizza. You can add tomatoes, onion, or any veggie.
Pizza should be fun to eat and make so have fun with this pizza recipe. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup Whole Milk Ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup Half and Half
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 pre-made Pizza crust (thin)
- 3 cups Baby Spinach, slightly chopped
- 6 ounces Fresh Mozzarella, sliced
- 1 Hass Avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & freshly Ground Pepper
- Blend ricotta cheese, half and half, olive oil and minced garlic together by hand. Add the salt and pepper to taste.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the pizza crust on pizza stone in oven and heat up for about 8 minutes
- Spread the white sauce evenly all over the pizza crust
- Put in oven for 1-2 minutes until warmed up
- Add the spinach to the white sauce
- Top the spinach with the sliced Mozzarella then the sliced avocado
- Put back in oven for 2-4 minutes until the cheese is slightly melted
- Add salt/pepper to pizza
- Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese
There are so many variations to this pizza. This makes a great appetizer or full meal. Pair with a nice glass of red wine.
This recipe is adapted from a recipe on the kitchn.