We all lead such busy lives and sometimes cooking can be last on our list of priorities. So I decided to start a series on 3-Ingredient meals. These are dishes that use only 3 main ingredients. You will still need to raid your pantry with staples you already have. But for the most part, these recipes have only 3 ingredients. This pizza has many substitution possibilities but I wanted to do something different so I used the lemons. It’s great with a bottle of wine on a Friday night.
Start with your 3-ingredients….Smoked Mozzarella, Lemons and Pizza Dough. This is pizza dough bought in the supermarket already made. It’s much easier than making your own. But if you like to make your own, you can definitely use that but it will increase you ingredients list. In addition to the 3-ingredients, you will need olive oil, corn meal, flour, salt and pepper.
Next you will roll out the dough in the shape of a cast iron skillet. This recipe is for pan pizza in my favorite pan, the cast iron skillet. If you don’t have one, it’s worth the investment. You will need a rolling pin and flour to help you shape your dough.
Before putting the dough in the pan, sprinkle with a little olive oil and corn meal. This will keep it from sticking to the pan. It will also help cook the pizza from the bottom. After you sprinkle the olive oil on the bottom, take a paper towel and wipe off the excess. You will just need enough for the corn meal to stick. Let this set for about 10 minutes before putting in the dough.
Slice up one medium size lemon into thin pieces. Make sure you take out all the seeds. You will place the lemon slices on top of the cheese. If you don’t want to use lemons, you can slice up tomatoes and put those on top.
Your 3-Ingredient Lemon Pan Pizza will look like this! It’s really yummy! Add a salad or some Marinara sauce for dipping and you have a wonderful 3-Ingredient meal or the perfect snack for your wine and cheese party!
- Pizza Dough, 13.8 oz store bought
- 1 package Smoked Mozzarella, sliced
- 1 medium Lemon, thinly sliced
- Olive Oil
- Corn Meal
- Black Pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees
- Roll out store bought pizza dough to fit 10-inch cast iron skillet
- Sprinkle olive oil on bottom of skillet and wipe off excess
- Sprinkle corn meal on top of oil to help dough from sticking
- Let sit for 10 minutes
- Place pizza dough in skillet. Make sure it's stretched enough to go up the wall of the skillet for the crust
- Add sliced smoked mozzarella without overlapping any of the pieces
- Add thinly sliced lemons to the top of the cheese
- Sprinkle additional olive oil on top
- Add black pepper and salt to taste
- Place in oven for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is golden brown
- Slice and Serve
You can replace the lemons with tomatoes to make a more traditional pizza. Add a salad and you have a complete meal!