I love lamb! It reminds me of my childhood. Between my mom and my grandmother, we ate lamb chops or leg of lamb all the time. It became a treat in our family and now we are passing it down to our kids. My husband decided to treat us to Rack of Lamb last weekend and it turned out perfectly! We grilled it outside on the grill and this was the result — mouthwatering!You will first need to put together a marinade for the lamb chops. We used garlic, rosemary, cilantro and salt & pepper.
When you take it out of the bag it should look like this. Make sure most of the herbs stay on the lamb. You can pour the marinade out of the bag onto the lamb before you put it on the grill. Then add aluminum foil to the bone end of the lamb. This will allow you to easily put the lamb on the grill. Cook the Rack of Lamb for about 15 minutes on a 400 degree grill or oven. You want your meat thermometer to read 135 degrees before you remove the lamb from the heat.
When you are done it will look like this! And it was as yummy as it looks. We served it with roasted vegetables but you can also pair it with mashed potatoes! This also makes a great birthday or Mother’s Day meal. Enjoy!
- 6 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 3 sprigs Rosemary, chopped
- 2 lbs of Lamb on Rack
- Mix together ingredients for marinade, 6 cloves of minced garlic, 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, 3 sprigs chopped rosemary plus salt and pepper
- Add 1/2 cup Olive Oil to herb mixture
- Put lamb on rack into a plastic bag.
- Add the herb mixture
- Put in the refrigerator for at least 1-2 hours to marinade
- Roast on grill or oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 135 degrees for medium rare lamb.
This recipe is for 2 pounds of lamb on a rack. You can increase it or decrease it depending on the amount of meat you purchase. Serve with vegetables or mashed potatoes plus a little red wine! Delicious!